qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [RFC] target-arm: fix semihosting ram base i

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [RFC] target-arm: fix semihosting ram base issue
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 08:57:53 +0300

> On 18 Jun 2016, at 01:22, Tsung-Han Lin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... It seems like to me that the issue is the default address assumed by
> qemu, which is 0x0.
> (since Eclipse QEMU uses the same code, I believe they have the same problem.)

it uses the same main code, but with many improvements.

if I remember right, for semihosting there were several small problems
requiring changes, but they were all fixed now. you can give it a try
(http://gnuarmeclipse.github.io/qemu/options/).

in addition to semihosting, which I use for running the CMSIS++ tests, GNU ARM
Eclipse QEMU also implements graphical animated LEDs for a selection of boards,
which might be very convenient for simple blinky tests.

regards,

Liviu