qemu-arm

[Qemu-arm] ARMv7-M MemManage vector trap

From: Elliot Buller
Subject: [Qemu-arm] ARMv7-M MemManage vector trap
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 08:31:02 -0700

Hello,

I'm working on a body of code that relies heavily on the MPU faulting mechanism on cortex-m processors. This makes debugging other aspects difficult as GDB often traps in MPU fault while single stepping.

On a real target it appears I can mask this by setting bit 4 of DEMCR (Debug Exception and Monitor Control Register). This looks to be unimplemented in QEMU. Does anyone have any ideas/guidance of where I should start looking to add support or another mechanism for disabling GDB trapping this ISR vector?

Thanks,
Elliot

--
Founder