qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure

From: karthi mohanraj
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:32:29 +0530

Hi Peter,

I have tried the blog post which you shared but i’m getting some error as Virt type not supported.

qemu-system-arm -M virt -m 1024 -cpu cortex-a53   -kernel installer-linux   -initrd installer-initrd.gz   -drive if=none,file=hda.qcow2,format=qcow2,id=hd   -device virtio-blk-pci,drive=hd   -netdev user,id=mynet   -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=mynet   -nographic -no-reboot

(process:3246): GLib-WARNING **: gmem.c:483: custom memory allocation vtable not supported
qemu-system-arm: mach-virt: CPU cortex-a53 not supported

Some times i’m getting error as pic-virtio device not supported.

I would give some picture on what i’m trying to achieve.

I have a host with CentOS 7 (x86 arch) and in that i have install Qemu and KVM. In this server, I’m trying to install a VM with Arm64 and setup a development environment for ARM.

Regards,
Karthi