qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure

From: karthi mohanraj
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Arm Cortex A-72 Emulator not able to configure
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 23:34:57 +0530

Ok, thanks for the clarification. let me check this out and try it.

Thanks,
Karthi

On Sun 23 Sep, 2018, 11:32 PM Peter Maydell, <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 at 17:20, karthi mohanraj
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> As i have gone through CentOS documentation qemu-system-arm is the only binary which is used for 64 bit and 32 bit arm emulation. There is no separate qemu-system-aarch64 binary in CentOS. Please correct me if i’m wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. In particular the error
message you quote is saying there's no support for
the 64-bit cortex-a53 CPU in the binary you're using,
which means it's the wrong binary. Either it's too
old a version of QEMU, or Centos is like every other
distro and you want qemu-system-aarch64.

thanks
-- PMM