qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] Ubuntu installation shows "No network interfaces detected

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Ubuntu installation shows "No network interfaces detected"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:02:23 +0100

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 13:53, Da Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:

> The qemu-system-aarch64 options support vda partition for the ubuntu
> installation. How to setup the options to support sda partition?
> I was trying to use the image for my gem5 experiment but it gave me "[ end
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.  Try passing init= option
> to kernel. See Linux Documentation/admin-guide/init.rst for guidance.". One
> difference I did notice is that all gem5 disk images (ARM and X86) I used are
> using /dev/sda. So, I want to try it and see if the problem fixed.

You'll get 'sda' if QEMU exposes the disks to the
guest as IDE or SCSI. 'vda' is for virtio block
devices. 'vda' should work so I would recommend
finding out why not rather than getting sidetracked
into a different kind of guest disk setup that might
not work either.

If you post a link to the full boot up log then that
will have enough information to tell whether the problem
is that your guest kernel doesn't have virtio support
built in or if something's wrong with your guest disk image.

thanks
-- PMM