[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v5 20/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add test-sve-ioctl guest-debug t
Re: [PATCH v5 20/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add test-sve-ioctl guest-debug test
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 13:07:57 -1000
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.2.2
On 1/14/20 5:09 AM, Alex Bennée wrote:
> This test exercises the gdbstub while runing the sve-iotcl test. I
> haven't plubmed it into make system as we need a way of verifying if
> gdb has the right support for SVE.
> Signed-off-by: Alex Bennée <address@hidden>
> - interrogate ZCR_EL1 directly as no longer have vg
Note that ZCR_EL1 does not give you the correct answer if the hypervisor has
set ZCR_EL2 to something lower. Also, ZCR_EL1 it itself not correct if the
hardware does not support all vector sizes.
See some of Andrew Jones' qemu command-line work. Try -cpu max,sve512=on and
then use the ioctl to set vq to 3 (sve384). The result will be an effective vq
of 2 (sve256).
We *really* need vg, as computed from sve_zcr_len_for_el().
- Re: [PATCH v5 02/22] gdbstub: stop passing GDBState * around and use global, (continued)
- [PATCH v5 16/22] configure: allow user to specify what gdb to use, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- [PATCH v5 17/22] tests/guest-debug: add a simple test runner, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- [PATCH v5 15/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: userspace system register test, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- [PATCH v5 20/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add test-sve-ioctl guest-debug test, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- Re: [PATCH v5 20/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add test-sve-ioctl guest-debug test,
Richard Henderson <=
- [PATCH v5 18/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add a gdbstub testcase for SVE registers, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- [PATCH v5 19/22] tests/tcg/aarch64: add SVE iotcl test, Alex Bennée, 2020/01/14
- Re: [PATCH v5 00/22] gdbstub refactor and SVE support (+check-tcg tweaks), no-reply, 2020/01/14