[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[PATCH v2 0/4] target/arm vector improvements

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] target/arm vector improvements
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:42:28 -0800

Changes for v2:

* Rename function arguments as requested by ajb.
* Minor optimization in helper_gvec_pmul_b.

Original blurb:

The first patch has been seen before.


It had a bug and I didn't fix it right away and then forgot.
Fixed now; I had mixed up the operand ordering for aarch32.

The next 3 are something that I noticed while doing other stuff.

In particular, pmull is used heavily during https transfers.
While cloning a repository, the old code peaks at 27% of the
total runtime, as measured by perf top.  The new code does
not quite reach 3% repeating the same clone.

In addition, the new helper functions are in the form that
will be required for the implementation of SVE2.


Richard Henderson (4):
  target/arm: Vectorize USHL and SSHL
  target/arm: Convert PMUL.8 to gvec
  target/arm: Convert PMULL.64 to gvec
  target/arm: Convert PMULL.8 to gvec

 target/arm/helper-sve.h    |   2 +
 target/arm/helper.h        |  21 ++-
 target/arm/translate.h     |   6 +
 target/arm/neon_helper.c   | 117 -------------
 target/arm/translate-a64.c |  83 ++++-----
 target/arm/translate.c     | 348 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 target/arm/vec_helper.c    | 211 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 560 insertions(+), 228 deletions(-)


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]