qemu-arm

[qemu-arm-static] [Known-issue] readdir() returns NULL (errno=EOVERFLOW)

From: Jon Alduan
Subject: [qemu-arm-static] [Known-issue] readdir() returns NULL (errno=EOVERFLOW) for 32-bit user-static qemu on 64-bit host
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 00:15:47 +0200

Hello qemu-arm community,

I did not set up this email with usual format and contents, as this is a known issue.
See Bug #1805913 “readdir() returns NULL (errno=EOVERFLOW) for 32-bi...” : Bugs : QEMU (launchpad.net)
I have currently this issue as I am using libc2.28. If I take specially for that, libc2.27, as explained within the link, the issue disappears.
However, I would like to avoid this effort because of maintenance problems.
I was not able to find a solution to this problem and I see, it is still reproducible on latest QEMU versions (7.0.50).
In the link's thread a Kernel adaptation could fix it, but I saw nothing valuable there.
Do you know how to fix or at least workaround it with QEMU or with Kernel?
Is there any news on that topic?

Thank you all in advance.
Best regards