[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental bac
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series
Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:26:00 -0500
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.5.0
On 2015-03-02 at 18:19, John Snow wrote:
New topic, new version, same great incremental backup taste.
This series relies on [Qemu-devel] [PULL 30/69] blkdebug: fix "once" rule,
part of Stefan's 69 patch pull request submitted 2015-02-27.
This patchset enables the in-memory part of the incremental backup
feature, without transactional support.
Support for transactions will come at a later date, but getting this
portion upstream will help stabilize work on bitmap persistence and
Transactional support is being postponed to allow more development
to create a transactional callback system that will allow objects used
by the drive backup routines to perform cleanup actions conditionally
based on the outcome of all backups in the transaction group.
This series was once said to have been written by a man known only
to Qemu-Devel as "Fam Zheng", A programming maverick hellbent on never
again wasting space by making full backups when he did not have to. The
true origins of this series are now lost to the sands of time.
(12+ revisions later: Thanks, Fam!)
01: Added a new opening blurb.
Adjusted codeblock indentations to be 4 spaces instead of 3,
That was easy...
so it works as MD or GFMD.
Adjusted errors explanation.
Make visual separations between json data and shell commands
Eliminate any ligering single quotes
07: Remember that memset takes bytes, not n_items ...
- Removed Transactions, to be added later.
- Removed Transaction tests, as above.
01: Indentation fixes.
Removed enable/disable documentation.
Added a note that transactions aren't implemented yet.
Removed my needless commas
Added error case documentation.
07: QMP enable/disable commands are deleted.
14: Some comments concerning assertions.
Scrub re-alloc memory if we expand the array.
Do not attempt to scrub memory if fix_count is 0
Changes made with Reviews kept:
02: Since 2.4
04: Since 2.4
Demingled the QMP command documentation.
08: Additions to what was qmp_block_dirty_enable/disable
are no longer present as those function no longer exist.
09: Since 2.4
10: Since 2.4
Demingled QMP command documentation.
11: Since 2.4
15: Test 112 --> 124
17: Number of tests altered. (Only 4, now.)
Fam Zheng (1):
qapi: Add optional field "name" to block dirty bitmap
John Snow (16):
docs: incremental backup documentation
qmp: Ensure consistent granularity type
qmp: Add block-dirty-bitmap-add and block-dirty-bitmap-remove
block: Introduce bdrv_dirty_bitmap_granularity()
hbitmap: add hbitmap_merge
block: Add bitmap disabled status
block: Add bitmap successors
qmp: Add support of "dirty-bitmap" sync mode for drive-backup
qmp: add block-dirty-bitmap-clear
qmp: Add dirty bitmap status fields in query-block
block: add BdrvDirtyBitmap documentation
block: Ensure consistent bitmap function prototypes
block: Resize bitmaps on bdrv_truncate
iotests: add invalid input incremental backup tests
iotests: add simple incremental backup case
iotests: add incremental backup failure recovery test
block.c | 248 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
block/backup.c | 149 ++++++++++++++++----
block/mirror.c | 46 +++----
blockdev.c | 162 +++++++++++++++++++++-
docs/bitmaps.md | 311 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hmp.c | 3 +-
include/block/block.h | 34 ++++-
include/block/block_int.h | 4 +-
include/qemu/hbitmap.h | 21 +++
migration/block.c | 9 +-
qapi/block-core.json | 92 ++++++++++++-
qmp-commands.hx | 92 ++++++++++++-
tests/qemu-iotests/124 | 266 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
tests/qemu-iotests/124.out | 5 +
tests/qemu-iotests/group | 1 +
tests/qemu-iotests/iotests.py | 6 +-
util/hbitmap.c | 87 ++++++++++++
17 files changed, 1446 insertions(+), 90 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 docs/bitmaps.md
create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/124
create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/124.out
- Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 14/17] block: Resize bitmaps on bdrv_truncate, (continued)
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 09/17] qmp: Add support of "dirty-bitmap" sync mode for drive-backup, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 10/17] qmp: add block-dirty-bitmap-clear, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 15/17] iotests: add invalid input incremental backup tests, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 11/17] qmp: Add dirty bitmap status fields in query-block, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 17/17] iotests: add incremental backup failure recovery test, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 12/17] block: add BdrvDirtyBitmap documentation, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 13/17] block: Ensure consistent bitmap function prototypes, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 16/17] iotests: add simple incremental backup case, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series,
Max Reitz <=
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2015/03/11