[Qemu-block] RFC block/iscsi command timeout

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: [Qemu-block] RFC block/iscsi command timeout
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:30:37 +0200

Hi,

next libiscsi version will allow to define command timeouts. At least for sync
commands this
was in fact possible since somewhen in 2013. Per default this timeout is
disabled.

I would like to at least define a timeout for the sync commands (login,
readcapacity, inquiry, logout etc)
of about 5000msec. The chance to the iSCSI driver of qemu would be minimal for
that. The timeout
handling is done in the sync event loop of libiscsi.

My question is if it would be a good idea to have timeout (fairly high of
course) for all other commands as well?

Peter