[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/14] Make Q35 devices closer to Qemu object
Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/14] Make Q35 devices closer to Qemu object model.
Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:24:33 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.1.1
On 22/06/2016 14:24, Efimov Vasily wrote:
> The patch series makes several devices closer to Qemu object model.
> I am developing a tool that automatize creation of device and machine models.
> Recently, I've take part in development of several models. And I noticed that
> a significant part of code is same. The examples are:
> - Each device represented by a header and a source.
> - The device or machine class is described by a set of callbacks containing in
> TypeInfo structure.
> - Each TypeInfo structure is accounted by a register function.
> - A register function is sheduled by a type_init macro.
> - Class and state structures of an inherited type are prepended by ones of the
> parent type.
> - A device must have VM state description.
> - A device or a machine can have properties.
> - A device can use internal APIs such as: timer, chardev, blockdev, IRQ,
> system bys memory and port mapping, PCI BARs, PCI MSI(X), etc.
> - A machine consists of devices and memory tree. Devices are linked by IRQs
> buses and assigned property values.
> - All of the above should follow the Qemu coding style.
> For every listed item can be generated a stub code. All stubs can be generated
> with respect to each other forming compileable device (or machine). Ideally,
> a programmer have to implement custom device/machine logic and to assign
> meaningful names to variables, functions, macroses etc. using a refactoring
> Of cource, a device/machine description for the tool has to be significantly
> smaller than the code the tool produced. A GUI constructor is preferred too.
> I've chosed Q35 machine to test the tool. The Q35 is one of the most
> complex boards. I have implemented 64-bit CPU, soft MMU, 1GB RAM, 1 HDD,
> PCI, USB machine variant. Most of devices is instantiated using the object
> model. Some logic (I/O port 80, I/O port F0, A20 line) is dedicated to new
> devices. The stubs for thay is also generated by the tool.
> In course of implementing Q35 I've noticed that some device models does not
> follow Qemu object model close enough. The patch series is desined to make
> Change log:
> v1 -> v2:
> A patch was added after 11-th one. The patch introduces function
> isa_connect_gpio_out needed by new version of consequent patch.
> 01: Git global option diff.renames was set true to generate the patch
> checkpatch.pl issues.
> 02, 05: qdev_prop_allow_set_link_before_realize is used instead of
> 07, 08: Named GPIO was used for a20 line.
> 10, 11: The patches were rebased against the patch series
> 10: Named GPIO is used for gsi. The name is "gsi" with alias ICH9_GPIO_GSI.
> 12: It's a new patch. The patch introduces function isa_connect_gpio_out.
> 13 (previously 12): Use isa_connect_gpio_out instead of isa_init_irq.
I have queued patches 1-13, as said before I'm not sure of patch 14 and
I want to think about it some more. :)
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 11/14] ICH9 LPC: move call of isa_bus_irqs to 'realize' method, (continued)
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 11/14] ICH9 LPC: move call of isa_bus_irqs to 'realize' method, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 07/14] pckbd: handle A20 IRQ as GPIO, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 13/14] MC146818 RTC: add GPIO access to output IRQ, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 14/14] ICH9 LPC: configure PCI IRQs routing internally, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 10/14] ICH9 LPC: handle GSI as qdev GPIO, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 09/14] ICH9 SMB: make TYPE_ICH9_SMB_DEVICE macro public, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 05/14] Q35: implement property interfece to several parameters, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 06/14] pc_q35: configure Q35 instance using properties, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 08/14] port92: handle A20 IRQ as GPIO, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 12/14] isa: introduce wrapper isa_connect_gpio_out, Efimov Vasily, 2016/06/22
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 00/14] Make Q35 devices closer to Qemu object model.,
Paolo Bonzini <=