Re: [Qemu-block] NVME: is there any plan to support SGL data transfer?

From: Qu Wenruo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] NVME: is there any plan to support SGL data transfer?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 09:25:52 +0800

At 06/12/2017 10:05 PM, Keith Busch wrote:
On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 03:51:51PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 02.06.2017 um 03:47 hat Qu Wenruo geschrieben:
When going through NVMe specification and hw/block/nvme.c,
I found that it seems that NVMe qemu implementation only support PRP
for sq entry.
And NvmeRwCmd doesn't even use union to define DPTR, but just prp1 and prp2.

Although I am just a newbie, but I'm quite interested in NVMe and
want to try to implement SGL support for qemu NVMe.

Is there anyone already doing such work? Or is there any plan on
implement such feature?

Keith, you can probably answer this?

Hi,

I personally have no plans to implement it, but would be happy to see it
added if someone wants to send the patch for review.

Glad to hear that.

I have submitted some preparation patch to update nvme.h for SGL and added needed error code for it.

It would be very nice if anyone could review it.

Thanks,
Qu

Thanks,
Keith