[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-block] [PATCH 0/2] block: curl: Proof of concept for connecting to
Richard W.M. Jones
[Qemu-block] [PATCH 0/2] block: curl: Proof of concept for connecting to oVirt.
Thu, 1 Mar 2018 13:58:54 +0000
This is a proof of concept patch which needs a bunch more testing.
I'm just posting it to get feedback.
It's almost possible to connect qemu to an oVirt / RHV server and
upload or download or otherwise modify disk images. However the
curl driver is missing a couple of features to satisfy oVirt's
authentication requirements, and these features could be generally
useful for others too.
The patches: Allow arbitrary headers to be sent, so you can add the
oVirt authentication ticket as a special header. And allow you to
specify a CA bundle, which is required for servers which do client
The particular tricky areas are:
- I have no idea if I'm doing lists right (first patch), although
it appears to work.
- I did not test the QAPI stuff, and I'm not even sure how to go
- There's no documentation, but there's no documentation for many
other curl driver features either.
- There are no tests, but similarly no tests for other curl features.
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 0/2] block: curl: Proof of concept for connecting to oVirt.,
Richard W.M. Jones <=