Re: [Qemu-block] ANNOUNCE: Tool for diffing and backing up images and bl

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] ANNOUNCE: Tool for diffing and backing up images and block devices
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:12:44 +0200

Am 09.07.2019 um 18:23 hat Dan Shearer geschrieben:
> ddb is now available at https://github.com/gladserv/ddb and is intended for
> comparing block devices. The definition of "device" is very broad and can be
> custom-defined.
>
> ddb also knows about sparse files.

How does this compare to qemu-img?

If I understand correctly, the main feature in comparison is that it
offers a mode that kind of combines qemu-img's 'convert -B' and
'rebase', i.e. convert with a target backing file, but making no
assumptions about the content of the target backing file. Is my
understanding correct?

Kevin