Re: [PULL 00/43] Block layer patches

From: Klaus Jensen
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/43] Block layer patches
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:39:11 +0200

On Jun 18 15:30, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 15:49, Kevin Wolf <kwolf@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > The following changes since commit 5c24bce3056ff209a1ecc50ff4b7e65b85ad8e74:
> >
> >   Merge remote-tracking branch
> > 'remotes/stsquad/tags/pull-testing-and-plugin-160620-2' into staging
> > (2020-06-16 14:57:15 +0100)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-upstream
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 3419ec713f04c323b030e0763459435335b25476:
> >
> >   iotests: Add copyright line in qcow2.py (2020-06-17 16:21:21 +0200)

> > Block layer patches:
> >
> > - enhance handling of size-related BlockConf properties
> > - nvme: small fixes, refactoring and cleanups
> > - virtio-blk: On restart, process queued requests in the proper context
> > - icount: make dma reads deterministic
> > - iotests: Some fixes for rarely run cases
> > - .gitignore: Ignore storage-daemon files
> > - Minor code cleanups

> Applied, thanks.
>
> Please update the changelog at https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/5.1
> for any user-visible changes.

Kevin, can you add soemthing like the following to the changelog under
"Block devices"?

Emulated NVMe device (hw/block/nvme):

  * Add the max_ioqpairs device parameter. The parameter specifies the
    maximum number of supported I/O queue pairs and should be used
    instead of the num_queues parameter. num_queues is not formally
    deprecated, but the device will issue a warning if used. If neither
    num_queues or max_ioqpairs are specified, device behavior is
    unchanged from the previous default.

  * Add the msix_qsize parameter. The parameter specifies the maximum
    number of msix interrupt vectors supported by the device. If not
    specified, device behavior is unchanged from the previous default.