Re: [RFC qemu 0/6] mirror: implement incremental and bitmap modes

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [RFC qemu 0/6] mirror: implement incremental and bitmap modes
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 14:38:50 +0200

Am 03.09.2020 um 13:04 hat Max Reitz geschrieben:
> On 03.09.20 12:13, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
> > On August 21, 2020 3:03 pm, Max Reitz wrote:
> >> On 18.02.20 11:07, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
> > I am not sure how
> > the S-O-B by John is supposed to enter the mix - should I just include
> > it in the squashed patch (which would be partly authored, but
> > not-yet-signed-off by him otherwise?)?
>
> I’m not too sure on the proceedings, actually.  I think it should be
> fine if you put his S-o-b there, as long as your patch is somehow based
> on a patch that he sent earlier with his S-o-b underneath.  But I’m not
> sure.

Signed-off-by means that John certifies the DCO for the patch (at least
the original version that you possibly modified), so you cannot just add
it without asking him.

John should reply with a Signed-off-by line to the patch in question.
Then you (Fabian) can add it in the next version of the series (if I
understand correctly, you're going to respin anyway).

I see that patch 2 doesn't have any S-o-b at all. It should have both
John's and Fabian's.

Kevin