Re: [ovirt-users] Re: Any way to terminate stuck export task

From: Strahil Nikolov
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Re: Any way to terminate stuck export task
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 13:06:15 +0000 (UTC)

>Disks on the export domain are never used by a running VM so there is
no reason to
preallocate them. The system should always use sparse disks when
copying to export
domain.

>When importing disks from export domain, the system should reconstruct
the original disk
configuration (e.g. raw-preallocated).

Hey Nir,

I think you are wrong. In order to minimize the downtime , many users would use
storage migration while the VM is running, then they power off, detach and
attach on the new location , power on and live migrate while the VM works.

I think preallocation should be based on VM status (running or offline).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov