Re: [PULL 0/7] nbd: handle AioContext change correctly

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/7] nbd: handle AioContext change correctly
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:13:43 +0100

On Freitag, 11. Februar 2022 14:04:44 CET Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy wrote:
> 11.02.2022 15:52, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 14:03, Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
> >
> > <vsementsov@virtuozzo.com> wrote:
> >> The following changes since commit
0a301624c2f4ced3331ffd5bce85b4274fe132af:
> >>    Merge remote-tracking branch
> >>    'remotes/pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20220208' into staging
> >>    (2022-02-08 11:40:08 +0000)>>
> >> are available in the Git repository at:
> >>    https://src.openvz.org/scm/~vsementsov/qemu.git
> >>    tags/pull-nbd-2022-02-09
> >>
> >> for you to fetch changes up to 1bd4523c2ded28b7805b971b9d3d746beabd0a94:
> >>    iotests/281: Let NBD connection yield in iothread (2022-02-09 14:15:29
> >>    +0100)>>
> >> nbd: handle AioContext change correctly
> >
> > Hi; this pullreq is OK content-wise, but the commits are missing
> > your Signed-off-by: line as the submaintainer/submitter of the
> > pull request. Could you add them and resend, please?
>
> Oops, sorry. I thought I'm already an experienced maintainer and don't need
> to re-read "Submitting a Pull Request" instruction every time. I was
> wrong:)

Assuming you are using pwclient to pull patchtes, just add

signoff=on

to your .pwclientrc config file to automatically add your signoff tag to
pulled patches. Additionally I would recommend adding:

msgid=on

which will add the email message id of each patch, so that people can review
the discussions on qemu-devel later on if needed. On Linux kernel side it's
now more common to add a Link: tag, which is a bit more convenient as people
can just click on it to get to the discussion. Not sure if there is config
option for pwclient for that as well.

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck