qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] windows?

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] windows?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:44:36 -0800

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 15:26, Mark IJbema wrote:
> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there some architectural reason
> qemu won't run on windows, or is it just not implemented?

It would be a neat trick... maybe build with Mingw32

One application would be that if QEMU ran on Win32 you could put
QEMU.EXE on a Knoppix CD, and run Knoppix without the BIOS fiddling or
rebooting that might otherwise be required. CoLinux project has this
goal in mind too but I'm not sure how far along they are.

If someone wants help with such a scheme I have some spare cycles (and I
don't mind the taint of working on Windows as necessary)

-- John.