qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Darwin/Mac OS X Port

From: Pierre d'Herbemont
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Darwin/Mac OS X Port
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:50:08 +0100

On 26 févr. 04, at 01:12, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
Hi all!
I finally made the dyngen tool mach-o compatible.
> [...]

Thank you for the work ! I looked briefly at the patch and here are a few remarks:

:)

- Some parts of dyngen need to be merged between the elf and macho target, in particular all the C code generation stuff. As there will be a Windows target too, it would be good to avoid duplicating too much code.

I'll try to fix this soon.

- Do not try to make the linux emulator work (no need to patch syscall.c) as it is not very useful on MacOS and complicated.

ok.

- Do not try to make the signal handler stuff work as it is not needed for the soft mmu system emulator (but it will be needed if you want a user mode emulator for the darwine project).

So I'll probably try to work on it soon ;)

Thanks, Fabrice, for your help and for qemu,

Pierre