qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MacOsX 10.2 guest under a GNU/Linux host

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MacOsX 10.2 guest under a GNU/Linux host
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:49:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Derrik Pates wrote:

> I don't know if or when Fabrice intends to do something like that with
> qemu, and I don't believe the SheepShaver port is anywhere near far

It never intended to emulate OSX as it's of different ABI than Classic. So
far, only OS 8.6 is supported at most. The advantage of SheepShaver
approach is it's simply faster.

> enough along (currently only OldWorld compatible, requires a ROM image,

It supports old-style NewWorld ROM images (up to 1.6 AFAIK), as available
on Apple's FTP site. Parcels based ones are not supported yet.

> and last time I tried to build it, still slightly broken).

Actually, it depends on your compiler. Tried 3.2 -> 3.4, no problem so
far on amd64 nor ia32. What are the issues you are facing?