qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu fails to run Acad

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu fails to run Acad
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:24:06 -0800

> If the link is not removed by tomorrow morning Friday 19 March 8:00
> (French
> time), I will send a letter (A/R) to your school in France (with copy
> Microsoft France and Autodesk) and then hand off this question to my
> lawyer.
>
> What do other people on the list think about this issue?

It is definately our duty to advise people not to illegally distribute
software in this way.  However, if it were me, I wouldn't be ratting
them out to the authorities.  Perhaps notifing their provider (the
school, etc) that illegal activity is happening would suffice, but only
in the bad cases.  DOS with an ancient version of autocad... not a
terrible case, given the depreciated value of the software.  However,
still illegal and should be taken into account whenever people doing
this attempt to contribute in the future.

my $0.02
tim