qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU News: Win32 Port

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU News: Win32 Port
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:45:58 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Hi,

I commited an experimental win32 port of QEMU. I did not test it yet, but it compiles. It is based on Kazu port, but I made heavy modifications to minimize the number of ifdefs and to factorize the "dyngen" utility code.

In order to compile it, look at http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/PortingTips-en.html.

I should not have given this URL because Cygwin is _not_ needed to compile QEMU. Instead use the following steps (taken from the FFmpeg project doc):

* Install the current versions of MSYS and MinGW from http://www.mingw.org/. You can find detailed installation instructions in the download section and the FAQ.

* Download the MinGW development library of SDL 1.2.x (SDL-devel-1.2.x-mingw32.tar.gz) from http://www.libsdl.org. Unpack it in a temporary place, and unpack the archive i386-mingw32msvc.tar.gz in the MinGW tool directory. Edit the sdl-config script so that it gives the correct SDL directory when invoked.

* Extract the current CVS version of QEMU.

* Start the MSYS shell (file 'msys.bat').

* Change to the QEMU directory and launch './configure' then 'make'. If you have problems using SDL, verify that 'sdl-config' can be launched from the MSYS command line.

Fabrice.