qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win32 usermode only network possible? [was:multiple VMs

From: kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win32 usermode only network possible? [was:multiple VMs]
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:46:05 +0900

Hi,

There is TAP for Win32 driver in OpenVPN.  I have not used it, but it
probably needs Administrator privilege to install it. It seems like coLinux
uses it to communicate with host Windows.

>From WinPCAP FAQ, Microsoft's loopback driver doesn't work as /dev/lo. When
I looked WinPCAP about two years ago, it needs physical network up to use as
loopback device.

I think it needs SOCKS server runnning on host Windows to communicate with
host. I wonder there is any SOCKS server that can run in user mode without
installing it.

There is another VPN software that has virtual NIC and virtual hub on
Windows. It is SoftEther, but it needs installing process to use it.

kazu