qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:26:32 +0200

Hi,

> Do you have these problems with the latest release ? Now that these
> OSes can be launched I hope it will be easier to debug.

With the CVS version running (with the sb16 disabled patch only) I don't see
network card at all (it skips it when installing)

> There are still problems in win95/win98 for the hardware probe,
>  although with my latest patches for self modifying code it works
> better. The hardware probe problem should explain the impression of
> slowness in win95/win98: the timers run about 10 times slower, so
> all the graphical animations are slowed down by this factor -
>  hopefully QEMU itself is not so slow !

I don't think it's slow, but it seems that the graphics themselves are slow.
Is the SDL using all X acceleration? (the XMAME guys for example are using
the Xv extention to have hardware accelerated graphics when running MAME
roms)...

Thanks,
Hetz