qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Interesting progress with Win2k

From: Jason Gress
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Interesting progress with Win2k
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:44:07 -0500

Just curious if others have had different luck.  I have Win2k working with the
Bochs VGA driver from http://dhenriq.en.eresmas.com/ and tun networking via a
script I downloaded from the mailing list archives, modified to work on newer
versions of dhcpd.  (you have to add  echo "ddns-update-style ad-hoc;" to the
section of the qemu-ifup-sudo script which creates the dhcpd.conf)

Anyhow, I got a pretty 1024x768 desktop, and so I though I would update
Windows (IE, SP4, etc.) and see what I get.  Well, after heading to Windows
Update, it updates IE6sp1 first.  That went fine, but after that, Windows
Update always crashes IE now.  Also, when I download SP4 from MS directly, it
crashes trying to install it.  My version of Win2k has an integrated SP1, and
installed without problems.  Anyone have any different experiences?

Also I was wondering if anyone has gotten a tun network connection to be able
to see their local host PC's network connections (network neighborhood, etc.)
to be accessable.  Any tips would be appreciated!

        Jason