qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Host <-> guest interface port?

From: Michael L Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Host <-> guest interface port?
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 16:46:47 -0600

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 16:12, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Of course it is possible to add that, but first we must define the
> features we want and implement the necessary support in the guest OSes,
> which seems to be the most difficult AFAIK. Clipboard support would be
> interesting. Does anyone know how to implement it for Linux and Windows
> guests ?

A clipboard solution that requires no current changes to qemu or custom
drivers in windows (and that is currently used by many win4lin users) is
the MultiPlatform ClipBoard program, or mpcb.  It is available at
http://www.idata.sk/~robo/mpcb/ and can link clipboards on a variety of
platforms over a socket (tcp/ip) connection.

Michael