qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VCPI & muLinux

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VCPI & muLinux
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:36:39 -0400

I tried to install muLinux (a mini-distro, stored on several floppies) via the
DOS mode option. (The DOS, in turn, was running under qemu on my linux system.)

Suprise, suprise, it failed. Apparently, muLinux loads up Linux to run the
installer. Linux, in turn, needs loadlin.exe to load. And loadlin.exe needs
VCPI, which qemu doesn't support (or so it seems anyways).

This is not a big deal at this point (I can just hack the linux installer
script to install to image files instead of real floppies) but I am
curious: Are we going to support VCPI in the future?

BTW, does qemu support superformatted floppy images (as those made via
/dev/fd0u1722) ?