qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentoo compile problem of qemu-fast

From: rutger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentoo compile problem of qemu-fast
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:20:29 +0200

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:47:58AM +0200, Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:
> Try to remerge sdl. If that does not help try to find out how to build it
> statically too (probably add something like --enable-static to configure).

I tried, and also stopped at this point. Doing

  USE="static" emerge alsa-lib

created a static ALSA, but removed the dynamic one! SDL is probably
still referencing the dynamic version.

qemu 0.5.5 seems to be in portage (USE="~x86" emerge qemu), but
doesn't contain the system emulators, only the ELF emulators (so
without qemu-fast and qemu, but it included qemu-i386). I don't know
if they're planning to add it...

--
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------- rutger ed tux tmfweb nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence