qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Booting OS/2 Warp Connect

From: Oliver Kopp
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Booting OS/2 Warp Connect
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:05:56 +0200

Hi,

I downloaded and installed qemu from CVS yesterday on debian/sid.

I tried to install OS/2 and had following issues:

 * ALT+F2
   * During the installation, it was not possible to push F2 to see,
which driver is loaded by OS/2
 * OS/2 WARP 4, German
   * Hung after 3rd disk
 * OS/2 Warp 3 Connect, English
   * Installation went fine
   * Boot from an hdd-image-file was only possible with a COW-Image
     an dd-image didn't work
   * The boot starts, but after loading CDFS.IFS and clearing the
screen, OS/2 TRAPS with "0000e", "Exception in device driver: SINGLEQ$".
Version in formation given by OS/2 is "Internal revision 0.209,
94/11/09"

What can I do to get OS/2 Warp Connect booting?! :)

Besides that, I want to annotate, that booting the "ultimate boot cd"
went fine and qemu is very easy to use. Thanx for your great work.

Greetings

Oilver