qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Networking, Windows ME host, Linux guest

From: nand
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Networking, Windows ME host, Linux guest
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:41:01 -0400

Hello.

I'm trying to use qemu on a Windows ME host. This works wonderfully,
and it is *much* faster then bochs.

However I need my guest operating system (The sample linux package for
starters) to have network access.

I saw the message "Win32 usermode only network possible?"[1] which
suggests that "the raw ethernet packet coming from the virtual NE2000
card will be converted to high level socket operations (such as
connect TCP connection, socket read/write)" - Will this allow a Web
Browser, IRC client, SSH or other simple tools to run inside qemu on
Windows?  When can I expect a binary with this functionality to become
available?

Thank you,

-nand

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-04/msg00101.html