qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BSD network[repost]

From: Taras
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BSD network[repost]
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 18:39:23 -0700

Sorry Alex,
I meant to sent this email to the list.

looks like nameserver isn't being set properly for some reason
http://glek.net/~taras/netbsd-dhcp.png is what I get over dhcp.
When I set the networking info by hand and try to ping 10.0.2.2 I get
"ne2: remove transmit DMA failed to complete". However see below.

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

Taras wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone have networking working in freebsd or netbsd? I'm trying to do a netinstall. Using -pci and -user-net both freebsd & netbsd can obtain an ip over dhcp. However netbsd doesn't even seem to be able to do dns. Freebsd appears to be able to resolve the dns names of the servers, but can't login(tcp wont work?).

This may be related to the issue covered in the "Overpotimization" thread. Please verify if issuing the following command instead of plain "make" resolves the problem for you:

make CFLAGS="-O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing

As reported earlier, this doesn't produce a working qemu here
However
make CC="gcc  -fno-strict-aliasing " seems to to make networking work! I
get nice download speeds too.

Thanks a lot,
Taras