qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] nt4 installation

From: Bob Barry
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] nt4 installation
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:21:52 +0200

Vaclav -

On Fri, 28 May 2004 21:46:13, you wrote:
> Bob, you are having the same problem as me. See
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-05/msg00345.html for
> details. There have not been any replies, though.
>
> Can someone who knows qemu internals, please, tell if it is due to
> unimplemented int13 extensions? That is the cause stated in bochs "bug"
> report which I repost here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12580&atid=112580&func=detail&aid=554949

I couldn't find any details about the fix for that bug report, so I got bochs
cvs snapshot (and the
bcc required for support) and compiled its bios and substituted it for the bios
shipped with qemu.
I figured that would give my qemu the same pc interrupt characteristics as
bochs.  Am I thinking
right?  Anyway, it worked fine on win98, but has the same old problem when nt4
installation is
attempted.

Suggestions, anyone?

Bob Barry