qemu-devel

Re: Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code

From: Jan Fabianowski
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:23:55 +0200

I hardly think that emulating a 5+ years chip would make them angry. After all, it's a free publicity for them (and zero work, all drivers
are already outside)..

The technical types at Cirrus most likely don't care and might actually
be happy if their work from five years ago lives on. The people I was
thinking about are the legal types. Those people tend to think in very
strange ways that I never really understand. I wouldn't be surprised if
for some weird reason some Cirrus Logic lawyer actually would mind. I am
quite curious as to what the legal situation is, but I don't have the
money to ask a lawyer ;).

- Bartosz