qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] full speed ?

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] full speed ?
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:15:13 +0300

address@hidden wrote:
Well, on my Athlon 1800+, Qemu is too slow to be usable... So my question is : when Qemu does not do input/output,( for example calculus) , does it run at nearly full speed ? (on x86 on x86 of course). Will it be possible one day, or is it impossible due to its nature ?

That really depends...

Do you mean the graphics are too slow? you might want to try to enable Remote Desktop connection and use either rdesktop or Windows native client to connect and see the speed (if it's Windows XP)..

QEMU is still in development stages and as time goes on, it will be faster. There are other plans to make it much faster (X86 on X86) but it cannot be discussed it at the moment..

Thanks,
Hetz