qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Segfaults of recent CVS version

From: Panagiotis Issaris
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Segfaults of recent CVS version
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:07:07 +0200

Hi,

The CVS version of qemu has never segfaulted before on my system. Now, today I did a CVS update and qemu segfaults on every image I try. So, I went to earlier versions in CVS and
noticed that the last working is about three days old.

So, the CVS version of 20040603 is working fine, but the 20040604 CVS version and more recents ones, segfault just after popping up a window. There is no sign of the operating system or bootloader yet. Just a quick popup of a window which disappears
as fast as it appeared.

qemu -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.6 -hda c.img -append 'root=/dev/hda1'
Connected to host network interface: tun0
QEMU 0.5.5 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) Segmentation fault

I've tried it for numerous images which worked all fine before, including bootable CDs.

I haven't tried to figure out what might be going wrong yet, but I might have a go later tonight. Unless, ofcourse someone knows what the problem is, and fixes it
before I had the chance to look at it :-)

With friendly regards,
Takis