qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu's timer & Solaris9 issues.

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu's timer & Solaris9 issues.
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:31:27 +0400

Karel Gardas wrote:
Hi,

I guess all the problems with NIC driver and with keyboard auto-repeat are
(or might be) caused by a bit buggy Qemu internal timer. You can see it
the best at for example Solaris9 boot process, where boot manager
(Configuration Assistant) count 5 seconds to the boot, so 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,
boot -- sometimes this counting is done in less then 0.5 second (just
estimate) sometimes it's done in about 2-4 seconds, which is a lot better,
since then I have a good chance to have a bit slower keybord in
Solaris's xterm.... :-)

Does anybody here also do have similar problem with any other OS running
inside Qemu?

Yes.. When installing Win2k or XP the timer countdown to either boot CD or Hard disk runs past at different speeds each time I boot qemu..

Brad