qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SIGSEGV with WinXP PRO PL instalation (CVS)

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SIGSEGV with WinXP PRO PL instalation (CVS)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:56:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Using today (morning) CVS I tried to intall WinXP PRO PL. I was using this
command line:

qemu -hda winxppropl.img -cdrom Pl_WinXP_Pro_ISO.iso -pci -cirrusvga -m 256

Installer finished first part of instalation and "reboted" "machine". It
continued, asked me about key, ..., network setup and then was still doing
something, but I do not know what because I was eating lunch. :-)

When I returned QEMU was not there and only

QEMU 0.5.5 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) Naruszenie ochrony pamieci

appeared on the terminal. (This is Polish translation for SIGSEGV.)

Has anyone saw such problem?

Are the -pci and -cirrusvga options supposed to work with XP currently?

How can I debug it further? (What should I do with gdb because I do not
know this debuger?)

Do I need anything to do after intalling QEMU in order to use -cirrusvga?

Why is message:

warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Could not configure '/dev/rtc' to have a 1024 Hz timer. This is not a
fatal
error, but for better emulation accuracy either use a 2.6 host Linux
kernel or
type 'echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' as root.

appearing on the screen althought I added this line to startup scripts
years ago for mplayer. Strace shows that device is opened properly but
ioctl fails (not supported). I am using 2.6.6-mm4 currently. The same
problem is recently with mplayer, so I think that kernel people changed
something...

Thanks in advance,

Grzegorz Kulewski