qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS support table

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS support table
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:59:21 +0400

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
Dear all,

Windows 2000 SP4        -       0.5.5   Install Fails with disk full message.

This also occurs with SP3 although most of the time it just hangs idle at the end of hardware detection. When it does get to the bit where I can feed it my details and product key, it then gripes about out of space. I have been meaning to loopback mount the filesystem after this and see what it has filled the disk up with, as when I go to re-install from scratch it tells me I have an NTFS disk of 2999MB in size with 99MB free! Must do that.

Windows XP      ?       0.5.5   Some people can launch it. Need more
information.

XP-SP1 is a no-go for me, it just idles at some point late in the install and
never gets past it.

WinME (Yech) works fine and I have had no issues installing it since 0.5.5 was released. (I test re-install quite a bit and track qemu CVS, so I don't use the releases).

-pci is working for me, but -cirrusvga has some isues with drawing in dos mode still. I'll get a screen shot as soon as I get a chance.

Regards,
Brad