qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to run Windows XP Pro

From: Sebastien Bechet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to run Windows XP Pro
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:27:03 +0200

Hello,

Le lun 31/05/2004 à 12:18, Antony T Curtis a écrit :
> I boot the WinXP partition choosing Safe Mode Command prompt boot and it
> proceeds to boot until it loads the agp440.sys driver, where it halts at
> EIP=804e945e (which is a 0xeb 0xfe , jmp $-2 infinite loop)

This is not agp440.sys, it can be disabled using Recovery Console but
qemu (and qemu console) continue to hang.

how to do that :
listsvc # list of drivers loaded on startup
disable agp440 # disable AGP440
exit # reboot

In another idea, i tried to convert W2K qemu default isa install to qemu
w/ pci enabling plugplay, PCI and PCIIde drivers : but ... not working
maybe I forget to enable something ?

Bye.

--
Sebastien Bechet <address@hidden>