qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: replies

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: replies
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:12:07 +0700

Hello Jim :-)

> I thought that some of the information i said was of use to the list, so I
> post it here. I hope you don't mind.
No problem....go ahead....i love open discussion...it is just me that ... at
the first time I think better to talk about it head to head :-)

> BTW why do you check for total sectors? This isn't needed (so removing it
> doesnt break anything) and it breaks on my fdisk v2.10s (also you scan for
> one extra line). Can I see the output of fdisk -lu and what your
> fdisk version is? Odds are good that lomount will need to know the fdisk
> version to correctly parse the output.

:-) Oh geez, maybe I forgot to by "bypass" total sector :-)
BTW, here is output of fdisk -lu /mnt/qemu/myimage (my fdisk version is v2.11y
on RH 9 GPL edition):
[[Start of Output]]
You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk /mnt/qemu/myimage: 0 MB, 0 bytes
16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders, total 0 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

            Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/mnt/qemu/myimage1   *        63   1016063    508000+  83  Linux
/mnt/qemu/myimage2       1016064   1228751    106344   82  Linux swap
Partition 2 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(1023, 15, 63) logical=(1218, 15, 63)
[[end of output]]

Maybe it is caused by version difference in fdisk, what do you think?

NB: Jim, maybe we can do "tag team" again on disk resizing......how do you
think? I will write resizer once I have spare time ASAP...but first I will
follow your tips for resizing raw disk image

regards

Mulyadi