qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] keyboard/mouse problems

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] keyboard/mouse problems
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:41:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've got some problems with my OS/2 installation within qemu
(compiled from latest CVS sources, running on kernel 2.6, Debian woody).

Installation usually works fine, but when I restart the virtual machine
OS/2 frequently comes up without keyboard or mouse responding (actually,
the OS/2 mouse pointer does not even appear).

Has anybody experienced something similar?

Some more problems I've noticed on OS/2:
- reproducable protection violation during network installation
  (is there anyway I can debug this? Exception is always 0xfffffffe at
   0x00000000)
- CTRL-key hangs
- floppy disk won't work once installation is finished
- it's very hard to switch to console using CTRL-SHIFT-F2 or back
  (you have to grab display first, then press CTRL-SHIFT-F2, grabbing
   often does not work when I press CTRL-SHIFT at the same time, but
   I have to release the keys separately)
- it's nearly impossible to go into OS/2 maintenance mode. That requires
  one to press ALT-F1 right at boot up. I can pause qemu using the -S
  switch, but there's no way to send a ALT-F1 right after unpausing.
- oss sound driver needs the patch I sent earlier...

Johannes