qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Arm arch5 support

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Arm arch5 support
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:41:12 +0200

Hi Paul,

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 06:08:17PM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:

> The attached patch adds qemu target support for the new arm instructions
> present in the armv5e instruction set.

Have you actually succeeded in getting ARM binaries to run?  I just
get this all the time (this is with your patch, but I get the same
effect without it):

phi% armv5te-redhat-linux-gcc -Wall -o hi hi.c -static
phi% /tmp/qemu/bin/qemu-arm ./hi
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting
phi%

The binaries generated with this toolchain run fine on a PXA25x, and
with -mbig-endian they run fine on an Intel IXP2400.

cheers,
Lennert