qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cobalt Restore CDs

From: Martin Moeller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cobalt Restore CDs
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:31:41 +0200

Hi folks.

I decided to try booting a Cobalt Restore CD with Qemu, but apparently
that is not possible currently (0.6.0). It dies with an 'Oops' in
swapper.

Has anyone else seen something like this? I saw something similar when I
tried booting BeOS 5 Personal Max Edition 3.1 in Qemu, if I enabled
debugging on the BeOS side it would complain about swap also.

I have tried several different amounts of allocated RAM but it's still
the same -- both with and without any -hda's...

The CD in question boots a 2.2.16 kernel. Are there known issues with
kernels that old?

Screenshot of the swapper crash can be seen here:

http://www.martinm-76.dk/cobalt-swapper.jpg

--
Martin Moeller <address@hidden>
Liga LinDist ApS