qemu-devel

Re: RESOLVED: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: RESOLVED: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:56:03 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:48:28PM -0500, Mike Tremoulet wrote:
> What I learned from this is that, as you said, slirp essentially set
> up a NAT behind 10.0.2.2.  However, this was not resolving until I
true.
> changed the /etc/resolv.conf on the Gentoo guest to point at
> 192.168.0.1.  (It was originally set for 10.0.2.3)

Strange, the slirp support has been designed to forward DNS on the
address 10.0.2.3 and the internal DHCP has been designed to broadcast this info.

> I think that, unless slirp is doing something I don't know about, that
> qemu is using the TAP-Win32 adapter on my host machine, which is set
> through Windows internet connection sharing (ICS) to go through my
> ethernet adapter.  I'm not seeing traffic on the TAP adapter, though,
> but nothing else I know of has an IP of 192.168.0.1.

Mike, either you use tap or user-net, these are mutually esclusive
approaches. If you use user-net you use slirp and you do not need any
TAP configuration or you use tap and the address must be given by a dhcp
server running on your host computer or just defined statically in a
consistent way.

ciao
        renzo