qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Compile error No rule to make taget 'HEADERS'

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Compile error No rule to make taget 'HEADERS'
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:01:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Tim Edwards wrote:
> I'm using the qemu-rfb5 patch and trying to compile Qemu-0.6.0 from
> source on a Mandrake Linux 10.0 system. Without the patch Qemu compiles
> fine but once I apply the patch to the source I get the following error
> when trying to do a make:
> make: *** No rule to make target `HEADERS', needed by `all'.  Stop.

I did a

tar xzvf qemu-0.6.0.tar.gz
cd qemu-0.6.0
cat ~/qemu-rfb5.patch.gz | gunzip | patch -p1
./configure
make

And while patch complained it could not apply two hunks (one is non fatal,
the other is), it compiled very well.

I will prepare another patch soon, but right now I have no time at all,
and that silly mouse-on-windows-is-wrong bug is still around.

Ciao,
Dscho