qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] OS/2 lockups during bootup

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] OS/2 lockups during bootup
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:52:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,

I'm having some trouble booting up OS/2 in qemu (CVS, Linux host). OS/2
frequently hangs during bootup when loading one of the following device
drivers:
        IBM1FLPY.ADD
        IBM1S506.ADD
        IBMIDECD.FLT
        IBMDASD.DMD

The lockup may occur randonmly in any of these drivers or not at all. When
I reboot OS/2 or restart qemu a couple of times, I usually get past these
drivers eventually. It takes patience though.

I know that something has gone wrong when qemu starts using 99% of CPU
time while loading these drivers. I assume the drivers are in some kind of
loop waiting for some event to happen - I guess it's a timing problem and
sometimes things don't happen in the right sequence.

Any hints?

Thanks
        Johannes