qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Host API escape

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Host API escape
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:49:02 +0100

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 09:54:29AM +0200, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> However, this kind of optimization is specific to certain systems as you
> would need to either run-time patch the OS, or provide necessary drivers
> with those hooks compiled in (MoL).

Yeah - well I see the qemu core having a number of potential uses.

One is the simple "virtual PC" type of scenario,  whereby it's useful
for running (together with debug and test of) complete systems;  another
for specific OS optimised hosting (i.e. Win4Lin type stuff);  and a
third being as a soft ICE type of environment,  allowing all sorts of
interesting fun.

DF