qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Boot options.

From: Martin Moeller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Boot options.
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:57:48 +0200

Hi all.

In some rare cases I would like to be able to boot off what will essentially
be /dev/hdc in Qemu (this is because the machine the image I boot is meant
for uses hdc for flash cards).
In 0.6.0 that is not possible since -boot c = /dev/hda and -boot d = cdrom.
Could this functionality be expanded somewhat without too much trouble?
I guess something like -boot hd:1-4 (maybe hd:0-3?)  and ditto cd: or cdrom:
entries? Can I somehow force this to happen? Maybe with a floppy image
booting off hdc?

Thanks for a great project. Immensely interesting...

/Martin.