qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded

From: Karl Magdsick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded loop
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:17:33 -0400

Daniel,

Good catch!

Is the section still a hot spot in your tests?  Maybe a macro or
inline function would be more appropriate.  The macro/inline function
could be defined to use memset for now, and later changed to use
optimized inline assembly language on architectures that don't inline
memset.  It is also likely possible to write a slightly faster inline
assembly routine since we know that we want to always set the memory
to zero, while memset has to allow for an arbitrary fill value.

-Karl